Thanks to CrossFit Southbay for this inspirational list:
- I will promise to (always) do my best. My best will vary from day to day, from hour to hour, from minute to minute - but in that minute I will do the best I can.
- Lactic acid is my friend. The wind is my friend. Anything that opposes me is actually helping me to become stronger. If I had no opposition I would be weak.
- If I can run, I run. If I can walk, I walk. When I am forced to crawl, I crawl - and then I rest to fight another day.
- I fear no man but I fear my workout. If I don't fear my workout it isn't hard enough.
- I may puke. I may cry. But I will not quit. EVER.
- I will not cheat. There is no honor in cheating. What joy can there be in a victory I did not earn?
- The workout missed is the opportunity missed. I will not cheat myself of the opportunity to become a better athlete and person.
- I understand the value of the push-up, the pull-up, the sit-up, the squat and the deadlift. Just as there are a million ways to make chicken, so too there are a million ways to push-up, pull-up, sit-up, squat and deadlift.
- I will give everything I have and then I will find more within myself.
- I don't complain. Complaining is for cry-babies. There are 11,232 born in the United States every day. I will leave the crying to them and I will soldier on.
I will bite off challenges and spit out results - What are you going to do?